Sapient Consultants helps start-up, emerging & mature companies to raise capital through equity as well as debt. One of the key roles played by us is in financial structuring, wherein we determine the appropriate level of gearing & advice the company whether to leverage, de-leverage or maintain its current debt-equity levels.
Depending on the stage of the company we help our clients to raise venture or private equity funding. Having a thorough knowledge about the private equity & with extensive relationship network with major Private Equity / Venture funds, we assist our clients across the sectors in raising the required equity capital.
We help our clients in the entire transaction process through scouting right partners, optimal structuring, negotiations, efficient closure, post deal support, etc. while maintaining confidentiality through out.
- Preliminary screening of the company to study its viability & its attractiveness as an investment opportunity
- Identify the Private Equity/Venture Funds whose investment strategy match with the requirements of the company. In case of large deals, we can arrange to form a syndicate of financers
- Assistance to Private Equity/Venture investors in conducting their due diligence exercise
- Valuation of the company
- Financial Structuring
- Follow up advice particularly on financial aspects
- Handling the divestment process to enable the investors to liquidate their investments
We also help our clients to tie up for loans. Debt syndication is part of the over all roles played by us in financial structuring.
We study the client’s current working capital practices & suggest alternative working capital policies. We also analyze client’s cash flows patterns so that term of borrowings can be defined to suit the cash flow requirements.
Working in close coordination with our clients, we decide on important loan parameters like Amount, Currency, Tenure, Drawdown, Moratorium, & Amortization & then prepare of detailed loan memorandum.
We then invite banks to participate in the syndicate. Banks indicate the amount of exposure they are willing to take & the rate of interest thereon. We actively take part in negotiating the terms & fine tuning to the satisfaction of both the parties. Finally allocation is done to the various members of the syndicate. In the whole process we assist in loan documentation. We actively try to exploring the possibility of refinancing high cost funds with alternative cheaper funds.
In case of sick units, we also design revival package in coordination with banks & financial institutions.